Claim a rebate of regional fuel tax (RFT) paid on eligible fuel use. (The Act and the Regulations refer to this as exempt use.)
Note the minimum claim amount is $20 (excluding GST).
To claim you'll need:
- A RealMe username and password (What’s RealMe?)
- Digital copies of your receipts / invoices for fuel purchases
- Your bulk tank balances (if applicable)
- Records of eligible fuel use
Is this your first claim? You’ll need to register as a regional fuel tax rebate customer.
To do this you’ll also need:
- A New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- A Business Industry Classification code (BIC code)
- A GST number, if you are registered
- A fuel excise duty (FED) customer number, if you have one
- Contact details
- Details of eligible vehicles, vessels and/or machinery
We recommend using the latest version of Chrome for the best user experience. Using Internet Explorer (IE)? Please upgrade to the latest version of your browser before you start.