Claim a rebate of regional fuel tax (RFT) paid on eligible fuel use. (The Act and the Regulations refer to this as exempt use.)
Note the minimum claim amount is $20 (excluding GST).
To claim you'll need:
- Your RealMe login (What’s RealMe?)
- Digital copies of your receipts / invoices for fuel purchases
- Your bulk tank balances (if applicable)
- Records of eligible fuel use
Is this your first claim? You’ll need to register as a regional fuel tax rebate customer.
To do this you’ll also need:
- A New Zealand Business Number (NZBN)
- A Business Industry Classification code (BIC code)
- A GST number, if you are registered
- A fuel excise duty (FED) customer number, if you have one
- Contact details
- Details of eligible vehicles, vessels and/or machinery
We recommend using the latest version of Chrome for the best user experience. Using Internet Explorer (IE)? Please upgrade to the latest version of your browser before you start.
Refunds Online will be unavailable on Friday nights between 9pm - 4am NZST for scheduled maintenance.